Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Spawn (1997)

0.5 / 5

Tagline: Born in darkness. Sworn to justice.
Directed by: Mark A.Z. Dippe
Written by: Todd McFarlane, Alan B. McElroy
Actors include: Michael Jai White, John Lequizamo, Martin Sheen
Genre: Thriller, Horror
Length: 98 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA

Review:
This one is a serious contender for worst film I've ever seen...and I got dragged to see this piece of crap in the theatre, with free tickets! I nearly wanted to demand the hour and a half of my life back at the ticket booth, but I relented. It's based upon some comic books that I've never read, but that doesn't seem to matter much as it made sense...it just stunk. It's about an assassin, who makes a deal with the devil to return to the earth as "Spawn", but he's having to do bad things in order to stay on earth. Soon of course the choice comes...will he join the dark side or the good side? Funny thing is I'm not sure how to explain how or why this was so dreadful but it just was and every time I think about this movie I wince. It's also a great for when you see a terrible film, you can think about this one and realize the crap you just watched wasn't so bad after all.

Availability:  On DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment