Monday, June 1, 2009

Footprints (1975) aka Le Orme aka Footprints on the Moon


3 / 5 Jun '09
Tagline: N/A
Directed by: Luigi Bazzoni, Mario Fanelli
Written by: Luigi Bazzoni, Mario Fanelli
Actors include: Florinda Bolkan, Peter McEnery, Lila Kedrova
Genre: Horror, Sci-Fi
Length: 96 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: Italy

Review:
Though I've been submerging myself in giallo films and truly I do often like bizarre things I still couldn't "get" this one. It's definitely surreal, it's ponderous as heck and there are no concrete answers or solutions though you can kinda piece together reason if you really want. We meet a woman (Florinda Bolkan with oddly short hair) who has nightmares about a movie she saw called "Footprints on the Moon" where they leave an astronaut alone on the moon, however she mentions she never saw the end of the film. She ends up trying to figure out what's going on after 2 days of her life are missing from her. She ends up in a weird little town where nearly everyone seems to recognize her but will she find out why she's been there before or even if she's been there? I seriously was hoping it would come together nicely than rather leave me in a confused haze, but you can't win 'em all right? This is one highly respected giallo film so you may want to ignore me, but I do suggest you only enter this one only if you don't mind scratching your head!

Availability:  Never on DVD as far as I know

No comments:

Post a Comment