Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Invasion (2007)

2 / 5 Apr '10
Tagline: Do not trust anyone. Do not show emotion. Do not fall asleep.
Directed by: Oliver Hirschbiegel
Written by: David Kajganich, Jack Finney
Actors include: Nicole Kidman, Daniel Craig, Jeremy Northham
Genre: Sci-Fi, Horror,
Length: 99 minutes
Banned: Nope




Review:
So I made the fool decision to try to join this century by watching this film. I figured, I like the '50s and the '70s version and heck the '90s version wasn't even terrible but this was. It's odd that giving it a big budget and twisting the story around completely destroyed the picture but I think it did. Other things that didn't help matters are the actors, Daniel Craig seemed dead behind the eyes the entire time, how were we to know when/if he turned? I hate to say that I don't think Nicole Kidman was boring to watch in this too. The story here is that people are getting infected with this alien virus, but instead of turning them nearly immediately, they must sleep before it goes into effect. Also there is some sort of magical cure, which was very disappointing to say the least. Be prepared for a ton of ridiculously obvious product placement and super frustration if you decide to try to sit through this. Definitely a pathetic remake and the worst version I've seen of this story to date.

Availability:  On DVD & Blu-Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment