Wednesday, October 13, 2010

30 Even Scarier Movie Moments (2006)

2 / 5 Oct '10
Tagline: N/A
Directed by: Jeff Rotter
Written by: N/A
Actors include: Rob Zombie, Eli Roth, Wes Craven
Genre: Horror, Documentary
Length: 90 minutes
Banned: Nope




Review:
Well, this was broadcast on Bravo Televison in 2 parts counting down 30 moments that were not on their top 100 Scariest Movie Moments broadcast. Unfortunately just like many sequels it's a far lesser list, heck I thought most of the films on this countdown were lousy but there were a few bright spots. The other issue with this series I have is that if you haven't seen the movie they will completely ruin it for you, so good advice if you are watching this and a movie you intend to see pops up, walk away or fast forward. Now as for what's included on the list, some of the stuff I really disliked that made the list included Open Water (one of the worst films I've ever seen bar none), Wolf Creek, Cabin Fever, and Devil's Rejects to name a few. Some of the better films mentioned were: The Hand That Rocked The Cradle, Hostel, Braindead (how that didn't make the first countdown is beyond me), Play Misty For Me, Videodrome, Scanners, A Clockwork Orange and so forth. Some of the entries were just laughable, like Christine (how is that frightening?), Fear (Marky Mark is scary how?), and The Stepford Wives (I liked it but I wouldn't say it's chilling). I think the most ridiculous part of this was watching the people involved jack off all over each other with praise, and heck they aren't above hyping themselves at all either. It really left kind of a sour taste in my mouth, I mean I guess I shouldn't be surprised people like Eli Roth and Wes Craven are full of themselves but it's no fun to watch. Oh well something I definitely could have done without but if you are looking for the names of a few movies to watch and you want the plot ruined watch on.

Availability:  Not on DVD but it might air on TV again

No comments:

Post a Comment