Sunday, October 31, 2010

Inside (2007) aka À l'intérieur

3.5 / 5 Oct '10
Tagline: N/A
Directed by: Alexandre Bustillo, Julien Maury
Written by: Alexandre Bustillo
Actors include: Béatrice Dalle, Alysson Paradis, Nathalie Roussel
Genre: Horror
Length: 83 minutes
Banned: Nope




Review:
Unfortunately the version of this I watched was dubbed, and I can only assume that the subtitled version has less idiotic dialogue. The reason I'm complaining is that I think it was a much better film then they way it was presented to me. It's as bloody as hell, I mean I'd heard there was a resurgence in excessive French horror films but this is one of the bloodiest films I've seen. It's about a pregnant Woman named Sarah who is in a car crash, her boyfriend (or is it husband?) dies in the crash and she's left alone. Though a bit banged up she seems to be okay and even goes back home to rest before her baby's due date on Christmas. Then Sarah gets a knock on the door on Christmas Eve, when she won't open up she's shocked to find this angry woman has nearly punched her window in. It's a story of home invasion of the worst sort, a cruel vicious woman who is after one thing and one thing only...Sarah's unborn baby. It has quite a body count, several gross scenes with scissors and many other disgusting things that happen here that were fun to watch. My major problem (aside from the dubbing) was the stupid cgi unborn baby shots (really was that necessary?), and the fact that out of nowhere one person acts like a zombie (huh?). You'll have to watch to find out what I mean, but if you like graphic violence and gore galore this is something you'll just have to see. I know I'll watch this again when I get a subtitled version, if you get the choice watch it that way.

Availability:  On DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment