Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Wolf Creek (2005)

2 / 5
Tagline: Based on true events
Directed by: Greg Mclean
Written by: Greg Mclean
Actors include:  John Jarratt, Cassandra Magrath, Kestie Morassi 
Genre: Horror
Length: 104 minutes
Banned: Nope




Review:
Well as I checked out the 100 Scariest Movies as voted by Empire magazine I saw this at number 4 and thought, gee I should check it out. Then I chatted to my Husband about it and we did watch it in 2005 which of course triggered my memory of how much I hated it. Heck I'm not one to forget movies I've seen so for me to have blanked it out entirely...not a good sign. It was in the style of a mean spirited slasher which usually is my thing, but this one was so cheesy that I couldn't get into it. The characters all needed to be killed, it just didn't happen fast enough for my liking and heck I didn't even sympathize with the killer...I just wanted the movie to end. The film is about a bunch of kids in their '20s who go hiking in the Australian Outback but when they return to their car it won't start. Luckily for them a local has offered to help them out...if you've seen The Texas Chain Saw Massacre you can probably guess what happens next. Though the gratuity is sort of a nice throwback to elder slashers it's missing all of the tension, scares and general style, this feels like a cheap generic slasher. This is one of those films that seems to polarize people, I thought it was lazy copycat modern horror but heck others love it, I guess the only answer is to see for yourself.

Availability:  On DVD & Blu-Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment