Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Sixth Sense (1999)

3.5 / 5
Tagline: "I see dead people"
Directed by: M. Night Shyamalan
Written by: M. Night Shyamalan
Actors include: Haley Joel Osment, Bruce Willis, Toni Collette
Genre: Drama, Mystery, Thriller, Horror
Length: 107 minutes
Banned: Nope




Review:
Even though I didn't guess what was taking place when I watched this, I still didn't find it amazing. I mean I know that's a big reason why everyone thought this was so cool but I didn't really find it very shocking. That being said this is by far the best M. Night Shyamalan film but I usually hate his work so by that standard this is a vast improvement. The story is about a boy who sees dead people (and yes once in a while the dead people surprise you) but they don't seem to think they are dead so he resorts to talking to a Child Psychologist who tries to help him through his problem. As far as ghost stories go it's not even one of my favorites but I suppose it's effective none the less.

Availability:  On DVD & Blu-Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment