Thursday, April 30, 2009

Darkman II: The Return Of Durant (1994)

2.5 / 5
Tagline: Vengeance strikes hardest in the dark.
Directed By: Bradford May
Written By: Robert Eisele, Lawrence Hertzog, Steven McKay
Actors Include: Larry Drake, Arnold Vosloo, Kim Delaney
Genre: Action, Sci-Fi, Horror
Length: 93 minutes
Banned: nope
Country: USA

Review:
This just didn't need to be, the resolve in the first film was enough for me. Still I felt compelled to watch this, and it was easy enough to sit through, but it just didn't pack the punch of the first one. This time it's less fun, more mindless and yet it's still tolerable. This time Darkman's nemesis Durant has some super fancy weapons he intends to use to take over the city's drug trade, and guess who wants to stop him. At this point it seems like they were just looking for a way to make money as again it was already taken care of. I guess it's just far more fascinating watching someone get revenge under difficult circumstances and I mean by this point he has the skin thing down so it's not that exciting. I guess action fans who are looking for a time passer will find something in this perhaps but I can say I don't really think it's worth bothering with even if it's entirely tolerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment