Thursday, April 30, 2009

Exorcist II: The Heretic (1977)

2.5 / 5
Tagline: It's four years later...what does she remember?
Directed by: John Boorman
Written by: William Peter Blatty, William Goodhart
Actors include: Linda Blair, Richard Burton, Louise Fletcher
Genre: Horror
Length: 118 minutes
Banned: Argentina
Country: USA

Review:
How on earth did they manage such a dreadful and dull sequel? The original was fabulous and because Linda Blair appears in this film it would seem like it would be worth watching. The plot is that somehow four years later she is possessed again and some more research is done into the demonic possession. Another Priest takes the reigns, but will they be able to save Regan? It's just depressingly boring and uninteresting, there is so much more potential and it really just took the turn for the worst in every possible way. What a real letdown, stick to the first one only if you know what's good for ya! Well actually I just tried to watch this again because it's hard to remember exactly how and why this was bad, could I have been remembering incorrectly? Unfortunately I still found little to look forward to and my initial assessment still stands. Oh and I should mention, this has way too much tap dancing for my liking, mind you Linda Blair does this tap dancing without a bra which I think was my Husband's favorite part of the movie, it did nothing for me mind you.

No comments:

Post a Comment