Thursday, April 30, 2009

Evil Dead Trap (1988) aka Shiryo No Wana

2 / 5
Tagline: N/A
Directed by: Toshiharu Ikeda
Written by: Takashi Ishii
Actors include: Miyki Ono, Aya Katsuragi, Hitomi Kobayashi
Genre: Horror
Length: 105 minutes
Banned: Australia
Country: Japan

Review:
I'd heard so many things about this movie, I'd heard that it was scary, creepy, horrific, gory, shocking...yeah all good things. Then I paid like $30 for it, got it home and hated it, and consequently resold it within a week. I've seen plenty of Asian films and this is actually one of the worst! We have a tv crew who are sent a snuff film which they go to investigate. The motives for the characters are illogical, the film is humourless and scareless and I was actually bored with most of it. I mean if you think you are sent a snuff film, wouldn't you go to the Police rather than trying to go investigate yourself? I know this one actually strikes a chord with many horror fans, but truly I think this is one of the most overrated pieces in horror land. I'm not saying you are going to hate it, but if you do you can come join my team!

No comments:

Post a Comment