Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Eighteenth Angel (1998)

1.5 / 5
Tagline: The Crow Flies, The Clock Strikes And The Devil Is Due.
Directed by: William Bindley
Written by: David Seltzer
Actors include: Rachael Leigh Cook, Stanley Tucci, Christopher McDonald
Genre: Horror, Action
Length: 95 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA

Review:
This one comes across as having a bit of a budget and well the cast members are recognizable so one would expect that this would be decent enough. One would be wrong, so wrong that I actually rented this twice by mistake because I'd entirely forgotten about watching it the first time. It's that memorable and more! In fact as I'm reviewing this I'm struggling to remember what actually happened. Well I do remember that it dealt with a Satanic cult who were waiting for Satan to arrive. In order for Satan to do this he needs eighteen "angels" which are earthlings. I actually usually like the Satanic thing, but this is suprisingly poorly executed and unbelievable. It seems like nobody bothered committing to this film and heck I didn't even commit to it as a viewer. It's pretty much a waste of space really and I was quite disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment