Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dead Silence (2007)


1.5 / 5
Tagline: You scream. You die.
Directed By: James Wan
Written By: Leigh Whannell, James Wan
Actors Include: Amber Valletta, Donnie Wahlberg, Ryan Kwanten
Genre: Horror
Length: 91 minutes
Banned: nope
Country: USA

Review:
I didn't like "Saw", but I thought I'd be open minded and watch this film by the same director. Thing is, I think the puppet murder market is still relatively untapped even with the "Puppet Master" series, and "Magic" of course, it's about the time for a new one. This isn't it...well it is because yes there is a murdering dummy but it's not because it was really truly awful. The effects and idea were very laughable, not even a slight jolt nor a gory moment to be found. The story is poorly explained, and what has been explained is completely unbelievable and simply ridiculous (and not in a good comical way either). This just didn't have anything one really actually needs to make a decent horror film. Really proved to me that this director is awful, and I won't be so naive as to try something by him again unless unknowingly. The erm story is about a Husband who is searching for the clues to his Wife's murder. Yeah well turns out some ghost of a murdered ventriloquist runs the dummy who is the culprit. There are so many things they could have done with this scenario, especially since I do think puppets can be extremely creepy. This one was just annoying and as unominous as possible. Maybe I'm biased against this director or perhaps against this brand of modern throw-away horror because it seems like a lot of folks really liked this one, but you won't catch me ever wanting to see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment