Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Evil Dead II (1987)

3.5 / 5
Tagline: Kiss Your Nerves Good-bye!
Directed by: Sam Raimi
Written by: Sam Raimi, Scott Spiegel
Actors include: Bruce Campbell, Sarah Berry, Dan Hicks
Genre: Horror, Comedy
Length: 85 minutes
Banned: Iceland, Norway
Country: USA

Review:
Sure I adored the original, and I liked the era twist with "Army Of Darkness", but what about this one? Well it's my least favorite as it's pretty much a silly comedy oriented remake of the sequel rather than actually adding anything to the plot or explaining anything. I'm sure some fans will like this more because it's over the top, but I liked the way the humour went in the first one and this does wreak of trying too hard. Still it's entertaining and fans of the series will definitely need to see this one to, it's just a shame they didn't really "do" anything with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment