Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dolls (1987)

4 / 5
Tagline: They want to play with you.
Directed by: Stuart Gordon
Written by: Ed Naha
Actors include: Ian Patrick Williams, Carolyn Purdy-Gordon, Carrie Lorraine
Genre: Horror
Length: 77 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA

Review:
One of my favorites when I was a little girl, but as an adult it is a little trying and simple at times. Still a magical little tale to freak out those doll-o-phobes out there (my best friend was terrified of porcelain dolls...how much fun I had taunting her with this film). Seems that on a rainy night a Man, his little girl and his bitch of a step-wife wind up trapped and have to spend the night at this old mansion. The owners are doll-makers and dabble in the witchcraft as well. Soon after some drenched punk girls show up with a nice Man who gave them a ride, and they start trying to steal stuff from the house. Let's just say they didn't get away scott free. Some freaky moments involving the dolls moving around and attacking and whatnot, also the punk girls who get stranded at the mansion too are a hoot. They did a pretty darned good job on the effects and truthfully I've enjoyed this every time I've watched it. More of a disturbing children's move I suppose than anything, but some murder and the ease of storytelling make this a really easy film to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment