Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Children Of The Corn (1984)

3.5 / 5
Tagline: An adult nightmare.
Directed by: Fritz Kiersch
Written by: Stephen King, George Goldsmith
Actors include: Peter Horton, Linda Hamilton, R.G. Armstrong
Genre: Horror
Length: 93 minutes
Banned: Iceland
Country: USA

Review:
As a young girl I was allowed to watch whatever I wanted...except this one. It scared my Mom when she went and saw it, and therefore refused to let me have a gander. Of course the film became so built up in my head as this horrific disturbing nightmare that the first chance I had, I rented it. Certainly a let down, and if anything it made my Mom look like a horror weakling. The story is kinda neat though, we have a young preacher boy who convinces the kids in the town to murder the adults to please "he who walks behind the rows". Now all the children are in a murderous cult, only two of the younger kids wish to be good. When a young couple passes by, they accidentally hit a boy who was already killed by the cult the two good kids try to help the adults. Will it be too late? Not nearly as bloody, vile, or frightening as it could have been but parts of it are somewhat disturbing. An interesting situation at least, and the story is worth viewing for any serious horror fan. Just don't expect a real shocker cuz anymore it's just not that frightening. Still the kids are kinda creepy, especially the older I get!

No comments:

Post a Comment