Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Color Me Blood Red (1965) aka Model Massacre

4 / 5
Tagline: Drenched in Crimson Color
Directed by: Herschell Gordon Lewis
Written by: Herschell Gordon Lewis
Actors include: Gordon Oas-Heim, Candi Conder, Elyn Warner
Genre: Horror
Length: 79 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA

Review:
I shouldn't adore this as I do, and in fact I don't recommend it to anyone unless they enjoy miserably bad to the point of hilarious campy films. We have a painter who is creating drab works until he discovers the perfect shade of red...HUMAN BLOOD!!! Sorry I just wanted to be dramatic there. Anyhow, he soon runs out of his own spare blood supply and soon he discovers a way to get more. It's seriously really funny as a comedy, tons of ketchup in this one and really funny in the "I can't believe it's happening" sort of way. Maybe one day this will resurface as a classic, but I doubt it...the paintings involved also deserve some sort of fame but I'm guessing they didn't become popular either sadly. Fortunately Herschell is such a namesake that it's readily available (yeah you heard me). Heck even the paintings made by the "madman" are hilarious and worth viewing the film for. If only there was a craze of films about painting with blood after this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment