Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dahmer (2002)

2.5 / 5
Tagline: The mind is a place of it's own
Directed by: David Jacobson
Written by: David Jacobson
Actors include: Jeremy Renner, Bruce Davidson, Artel Kayaru
Genre: Horror, Biography
Length: 101 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA

Review:
So it was bound to happen, they made a film about how Jeffrey Dahmer went from murderous fantasies to actually murdering. It seems like it's trying to be neutral in way he's portrayed but it doesn't really offer any insight either way I think. Perhaps It's because I've read up on Dahmer or perhaps it's just the way this film was put together but I just sort of had a feeling like it wasn't necessary. It was like the filmmaker was trying to understand something that couldn't be understood. I dunno I guess I just prefer to read about this sort of thing rather than watching mediocre reinactments.

No comments:

Post a Comment