Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Cable Guy (1996)

2.5 / 5
Tagline: I can be your best friend, or your worst enemy...
Directed by: Ben Stiller
Written by: Lou Holtz Jr.
Actors include: Jim Carrey, Matthew Broaderick, Leslie Mann
Genre: Comedy, Thriller
Length: 96 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA

Review:
Jim Carrey plays a friendless weirdo (how much of a stretch is that huh) who installs cable (you follow me so far). He meets Matthew Broderick when he hooks up his cable...for $50 for free, and then never seems to want to leave his life. Well, Matthew gets tired of this and tries to get rid of Jim with insane consequences. I don't really see this as a horror film, and I didn't really think it was funny so I'm not sure what to call it. I think it was INTENDED to be funny, but only small segments succeeded like Jim singing "White Rabbit" but I wouldn't even say it's worth the price of a rental. Wait until it comes on tv for free...and it will (but don't slip your cable guy money for free channels or anything...)

No comments:

Post a Comment