Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Carrie (2002)

3 / 5
Tagline: If you've got a taste for terror...take Carrie to the prom...
Directed by: David Carson
Written by: Bryan Fuller, Stephen King
Actors include: Angela Bettis, Patricia Clarkson, Rena Sofer
Genre: Horror
Length: 132 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA/Canada

Review:
Why? No really, I do think that is a really important question. We really should all know the story by now, Carrie = telekenisis + religious freak mom + outcast + joke = danger. Although I liked Angela in the film "May", I can't say she really fit the role in this remake. She doesn't really look any more like the character in the book than Sissy did, she can't quite act as well, it's not as believable...I don't get it. I guess I don't really see anything in the original movie that I don't see here done more poorly. Sure, it's easy enough to sit through, but not nearly as rewarding. You'll get the idea, but why waste all of that time with this movie when you can see the better one that isn't nearly as long?

No comments:

Post a Comment