Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Christine (1983)

3 / 5
Tagline: She'll possess you. Then destroy you. She's death on wheels. She's...
Directed by: John Carpenter
Written by: Stephen King, Bill Phillips
Actors include: Alexandra Paul, John Stockwell, Keith Gordon
Genre: Horror, Fantasy
Length: 110 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA

Review:
I suppose I shall be honest, I just don't like the story. I don't drive therefore I don't relate to car horror...well I guess a car could run me over, but I'll cross that road when I get there. The lead character aside from Christine is Arnie the dork who falls for the car painstakingly restoring it. In fact the car seems to change his demeanor and strange things begin to happen. It's okay, but really there isn't much to it, it all seems a little too silly to be scary, but not silly enough to be entertaining on that level. As far as King goes, this is one of my least favorites of his and the movie I suppose did the story justice but neither are really worth going out of your way for.

No comments:

Post a Comment