Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Creepshow (1982)

4 / 5
Tagline: From The Masters Of Terror And The Macabre (George Romero & Stephen King)
Directed by: George A. Romero
Written by: Stephen King
Actors include: Ted Danson, Stephen King, Ed Harris
Genre: Horror
Length: 130 minutes
Banned: Norway
Country: USA

Review:
This was definitely one of my childhood favorites, and why not! We have a grouping of fun, entertaining and yes horrific stories (well somewhat)...better just stick to saying they are entertaining. The first one is my least favorite, it's a tale of a father who really wanted his Father's Day cake. He wanted it so badly he came back from the dead for it, to torment his daughter. The next story is actually my favorite, and I even remember the first and last name of the character, Jordy Verrill (aka Stephen King) who was perfect for the roll. Anyhow, he finds what he thinks is "meteor shit" but it actually turns everything it touches into plants including Jordy! Just thinking about that story makes me smile, but no this film isn't over yet. The last portion involves an angry husband who finds out his wife is having an affair and buries them both in the sand...up to their necks...and the tide is coming in. There is also a tale of roches and a tale of "the crate" which I'd entirely forgotten about (thanks to [~karschti] for the reminder!) Just typing about this film makes me want to watch it, it truly has a great cast and it's tons of fun. I'd recommend this to anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment