Wednesday, April 29, 2009

La Cabina (1972) aka The Phone Box aka The Telephone Box

4.5 / 5
Tagline: N/A
Directed by: Antonio Mercero
Written by: Anonio Mercero, Jose Luis Garci
Actors include: Jose Luis Lopez Vazquez, Agustin Gonzalez, Goyo Lebrero
Genre: Comedy, Horror
Length: 35 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: Spain

Review:
Well firstly I should state that this is a Spanish short film, and the version I watched didn't have subtitles, and I don't speak Spanish. Still I understood this very clearly and I wouldn't say it matters what language you speak, the acting is clear enough. We watch a brand new phone booth being installed, then a Man goes on to make a call and can't get out. Initially it seems like a comedy as people gather to laugh and point and to try to ram the booth to get him out. Then vendors start turning up and people start bringing chairs. Oddly the truck that dropped the booth off initially returns to take it again with him still inside. I can't ruin the rest but it's quite a surprise, and a strange little flick at that. I actually quite enjoyed watching this and it most certainly does turn into a horror flick make no mistake. Not a bad way to pass a half an hour at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment