Tagline: The End Begins
Directed by: McG
Written by: John D. Brancato, Michael Ferris
Actors include: Christian Bale, Sam Worthington, Moon Bloodgood
Genre: Thriller, Sci-Fi, Action
Length: 130 minutes
Banned: Nope

Review:
I actually watched this in the theatre at midnight on opening day and I even watched all of the Terminator films leading up to this one throughout the week in anticipation. If anything it only made me more disappointed in this for everyone is pretty much replaced by this point (even though Arnold makes a brief CGI appearance it's not enough). Having Christian Bale as the role of John Connor was the biggest mistake, sure he may draw a crowd but he's nothing like the two fellers who have played the role before him. He's more like a machine with a cookie monster voice or something, really unlikeable. The fellow the have playing the good Terminator I actually liked, the bad Terminator is played by tons of different evil machines. The story takes place at the end of humanity where the robots are at war and only a few humans (the rebels) remain. It's definitely got good effects and a ton of action, if you want a video game style film and don't care too much about the folks before in the other films it's easy enough to enjoy. I just felt like this was missing something, way too long and all of the character replacements were distracting. Also the fact that they made it feel like Transformers in places didn't sit well with me either. It could have been worse right?

Availability:  On DVD & Blu-Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment