Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Troll (1986)

3.5 / 5

Tagline: Come closer...
Directed By: John Carl Buechler
Written By: John Carl Buechler, Ed Naha
Actors Include: Noah Hathaway, Phil Fondacaro, Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Genre: Horror, Comedy, Fantasy
Length: 82 minutes
Banned: nope
Country: Canada/USA

Review:
I actually put this on as kind of a joke initially, heck the IMDB rating is currently a 3.1/10 if you can believe it so I thought this would suck big time. Instead I was highly entertained, I got plenty of laughs some confusion but most of the time I simply enjoyed this darned film. I think the cameos by the celebs are a nice touch but they hardly make the movie. There is a young girl who ends up being possessed by a troll and her acting is priceless, I could seriously just watched this possessed troll girl for hours...but there is more! The Father and Brother of troll girl (Harry Potter Sr. and Harry Potter Jr. hilariously enough) know something is wrong and in fact Harry Potter Jr. has been spending his time with an amusing witch lady in the building. Does she have the answers to the strange troll infestations? The objective for the Trolls is to turn the building into their territory (I think) using an Emerald ring. There isn't a whole lot of explanation in the "why" department, but they are Trolls....they just do what they want right? This truly must be seen to be believed, but honestly ignore the shitty rating. If you have a good sense of humor and like bizarre films than I think you'll find something to love in Troll. Now if only I could scratch the memory of the dreadful sequel out of my mind forever...

Availability:  On DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment