Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Butterfly Effect (2004)

4 / 5
Tagline: Change one thing, change everything.
Directed by: Eric Bress, J. Mackye Gruber
Written by: J. Mackye Gruber
Actors include: Ashton Kutcher, Melora Walters, Amy Smart
Genre: Sci Fi, Thriller, Drama
Length: 113 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA

Review:
Oh crap, I like an Ashton Kutcher film. Before you mock me, you should try this, it's actually an interesting and clever little idea. Kind of like Back To The Future only more serious and dangerous, and instead of a car it's journal entries which transport our hero through the ages. What's great is that this film isn't afraid to make terrible things happen and make the situation desperate. What you'd expect to happen doesn't always and it actually does address several serious issues. I really enjoyed the concept and the fact that the film seemed really well planned and it had a decent ending. Definitely one that surprised me as I thought this film would have been a joke, instead I'm almost considering watching the sequel...I said almost!

No comments:

Post a Comment