Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Ginger Snaps: Unleashed (2004)

3 / 5
Tagline: It only dies if you do.
Directed by: Brett Sullivan
Written by: Karen Walton, Megan Martin
Actors include: Emily Perkins, Eric Johnson, Katharine Isabelle
Genre: Horror
Length: 94 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: Canada

Review:
Well I'm a little (re: a lot) foolish in that I didn't see the original "Ginger Snaps" film. I just dove right into this one (because it was on tv) and I actually didn't intend to watch the whole thing but it was good enough to hold my interest (even if I didn't know what they were talking about from the first film). It's a Canadian werewolf story which seems to pick up with Brigitte escaping an institution (I think it was) and being followed by a werewolf. She also seems to have flashbacks to when her friend was a werewolf (I think). Anyhow she meets a new friend called ghost who tries to help protect her from the werewolf thing. It's just a different perspective on the whole werewolf story and it seems somewhat realistic with the characters and whatnot (even if the actual werewolf thing is erm impossible). Anyhow I can't perfectly explain this one since I'm still not entirely sure what happened in the first one but the fact that I enjoyed this even so speaks volumes for the quality. I just definitely think I need to see the first one now in order to fill in the blanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment