Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Halloween (2007)

0.5 / 5
Tagline: Evil Has A Destiny
Directed by: Rob Zombie
Written by: Rob Zombie, John Carpenter
Actors include: Malcolm McDowell, Brad Dourif, Sheri Moon Zombie
Genre: Horror
Length: 121 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA

Review:
Egads, I didn't finish this film first of all, so the ending despite my best efforts remains unwatched by me. I actually severely dislike Rob Zombie's style so I had decided to avoid this until a friend told me that this was really good. That friend had never seen the original for the record. Anyhow I had to literally force myself to sit through the hour and what fifteen minutes I made it. The dialog is...terrible, it's like listening to Jerry Springer without the beeps. I'm not offended by swearing but when it is so distracting you can't even pay attention to what is going on something has gone wrong. Also the cast of unlikeable characters (especially his wife Sheri who cannot act) doesn't help matters any. Now if you are familiar with the original, the first forty minutes or so of this are entirely different. It's all about Micheal as an annoying child who is picked on, but even though they are trying to show him as a monster he hardly appears like someone to be afraid of. They try to play the sympathy card here but it's really darned annoying. When it does pick up to the story of Halloween that I know, it's just like a poor made-for tv version (with mondo swearing of course) and huge liberties taken by the idiot director. That's right, it's a big crapfest of annoyance and I have a hard time trying to understand why anyone would like this or why it was remade in the first place. Do yourself a favor, watch every other Halloween movie in the series instead. One of the hardest to watch and overall worst horror films I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment