Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Interview With The Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994)

3.5 / 5
Tagline: Drink From Me And Live Forever
Directed by: Neil Jordan
Written by: Anne Rice
Actors include: Brad Pitt, Christian Slater, Virginia McCollam
Genre: Horror, Drama
Length: 123 minutes
Banned: Malaysia
Country: USA

Review:
Oh I know, I'm a freak because I didn't love this as much as many other people. It's just so overly romanticized and way too long for me to truly love it regardless of the big names attached to this. A plantation owner who loses his wife in childbirth makes friends with a vampire named Lestat as he has nothing left to live for. Of course he's offered immortality, and he takes it because he doesn't care any more. Now from there we learn all the rules and lifestyles of vampires, including a little girl named Claudia who has lived for centuries. It's very well made, and the details which explain their lifestyle is quite fascinating. It's also got some blood in it, but this is definitely a classy picture so don't expect too much! It's definitely worth your time, and if you are a little more romantic than I you'll love this even more. Perhaps it's time I give this another chance though as I've not seen it since it came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment