Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Komodo (1999)


2.5 / 5
Tagline: On Emerald Island, you are at the bottom of the food chain
Directed by: Michael Lantieri
Written by: Hans Bauer, Craig Mitchell
Actors include: Jill Hennessy, Billy Burke, Kevin Zegers
Genre: Horror
Length: 90 minutes
Banned: nope
Country: Australia/USA

Review:
I'm a little strange because I'm usually quite quick to watch films with murderous animals, yet very rarely do I actually really like one of them. This is no exception as it passed the time but it wasn't really that great either. I didn't know much about Komodo dragons coming into this film and even after watching it I wouldn't say I knew a lot. Anyhow, instead of focusing on some of the most dangerous and frightening creatures the world has we watch some young boy who had his dog eaten by a komodo go through therapy with a woman who denies their existence. In order to prove his point the duo goes back to where the komodo's live, but will they make it? It just seems loosely stitched together and there was so much they could have done but simply didn't. Still watching these thing in action is worthwhile, even if it's in a movie which easily seems like it could have been made for tv quality. I hate to say I'd watch it again if it came on tv because it is kind of ridiculous, but it's hardly a "good" movie in any regard.

No comments:

Post a Comment