Thursday, May 7, 2009

Men Behind The Sun (1988) aka Hei Tai Yang 731 aka Man Behind The Sun aka Squadron 731

3.5 / 5
Tagline: N/A
Directed by: Tun Fei Mou
Written by: Actors include: Hsu Gou, Tie Long Jin, Zhaohua Mei
Genre: Drama, Horror, History
Length: 105 minutes
Banned: Finland
Country: Hong Kong

Review:
I hate to say that at the beginning it seems almost comical what with the bad dubbing and stuff but one is quickly snapped out of that idea. It's brutally disgusting and awful really, the film is based around a camp in Japan where they use the Chinese as guinea pigs in experiments. When I say this is offensive I mean well it looks too realistic to not be, and in fact I don't think it's really known if they harmed a cat (as in throwing it to thousands of hungry rats) and performed awful stuff on actual corpses. I can't say if they really did those things but it looks enough like they did to make me cringe. I felt guilty watching this somehow, and the "plot" is pretty much nil. It's pretty much one awful thing to the next, but if you only want disgusting realistic brutality then this should satisfy. Be forewarned though, I'm not kidding around that this could warp a person if you aren't prepared for this sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment