Monday, May 11, 2009

New Nightmare (1994)

3 / 5
Tagline: This time, staying awake won't save you!
Directed by: Wes Craven
Written by: Wes Craven
Actors include: Heather Langenkamp, Robert Englund, Miko Hughes
Genre: Horror
Length: 112 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA

Review:
I hate to say that as much as I love the series, I did not love this though the concept was an interesting one. This time the character of Nancy plays herself (as Heather Langenkamp) who is being bothered by a harrasing phone call (that happens to sound like you know who's voice). After Heather's husband is killed in a car accident she learns that Wes Craven is writing another story and that Freddy has actually entered the real world. Will she be able to play Nancy one more time for the sake of her own life? I guess I just wish it had a little more oomph, a little more blood, a little more of that Freddy fun we all know and love. I guess because the others were so impressive this one just seems like it's missing something that I can't quite put my finger on. Still fans of the series will definitely need to see this one, it is an interesting dynamic!

No comments:

Post a Comment