Monday, May 11, 2009

Night Of The Comet (1984)

3 / 5
Tagline: It was the last thing on earth they ever expected
Directed by: Thom Eberhardt
Written by: Thom Eberhardt
Actors include: Robert Beltran, Catherine Mary Stewart, Kelli Maroney
Genre: Horror, Comedy, Sci-Fi
Length: 95 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA

Review:
Well this was a lot less interesting than I had anticipated. I know this is supposed to be a horror comedy but it wasn't all that effective on either level. The story is pretty good though, a comet strikes the earth and wipes out most of the earth's population. Then some valley girls are forced to survive and escape zombies and stuff. For me the dream sequences kept pissing me off, I mean either a zombie is attacking you or it isn't, anything else is just plain mean to your viewer. That being said, although some moments were decently executed most seemed pretty half-assed. Perhaps I haven't seen the films they are parodying or perhaps I don't have much of a sense of humor but I did find this to just be a general yet vaguely entertaining letdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment