Monday, May 11, 2009

Psycho (1998)

2.5 / 5
Tagline: Check In. Unpack. Relax. Take A Shower
Directed by: Gus Van Sant
Written by: Robert Bloch, Joseph Stefano
Actors include: Vince Vaughn, Anne Heche, Julianne Moore
Genre: Horror
Length: 105 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA

Review:
They pretty much shot by shot remade the original for the first while but then they make a few more modern changes which I seriously don't like. It simply doesn't fit the mood of the original and cheapens things. Besides all of that, why remake one of the best horror films of all time? Did they perhaps think that the original was too good and that we'd want to see a less likeable version with more irritating characters? Still I guess I bought it so I was reeled in pretty easily in hopes they could do something exciting with this remake. Instead this is one of the most half-assed efforts I've seen and I definitely am not in a hurry to watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment