Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Ten Steps (2000)

4 / 5

Tagline: A young girl baby-sits in an old house...
Directed by: Brendan Muldowney
Written by: Brendan Muldowney
Actors include: Jill Harding, William O'Sullivan, Paula Lee
Genre: Horror
Length: 10 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: Ireland

Review:
This is a weird little piece and by little I mean under 10 minutes, but it's engaging and I definitely wished there were more. We meet a young girl babysitting her young brother in a remote Irish home. Her parents are at an important business dinner and Katie calls because the hydro goes out. She is asked to go down into the cellar to fix the fuse...and I won't go on from there. It sorta feels unfinished yet at the same time I have to admit that this was a creepy little piece. If you have ten minutes to spare this does offer a lot in a short period of time!

Availabilty:  Not on DVD as far as I know

No comments:

Post a Comment