Monday, May 4, 2009

Dirty Pretty Things (2002)

3.5 / 5
Tagline: Some things are too dangerous to keep secret
Directed by: Stephen Frears
Written by: Steven Knight
Actors include: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Kriss Dosanjh, Isreal Aduramo
Genre: Thriller, Crime
Length: 97 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: UK

Review:
I liked Audrey Tautou enough from "Amelie" that I thought I'd investigate this film. Quite a different one at that I might add. It is a rather interesting concept, we meet a Turkish chambermaid who works in a seedy hotel where drugs and prostitution run rampant. There is something even more sinister going on....organ sales! I've always been fascinated with organ theft but in this case it's more like people trade their organs for citizenship and stuff which is almost creepier. Interesting story, well acted but unfortunately I feel they could have done a whole lot more with this scenario.

No comments:

Post a Comment