Monday, May 4, 2009

Friday The 13th (2009)

1.5 / 5 Feb '09
Tagline: Welcome To Crystal Lake
Directed by: Marcus Nispel
Written by: Damien Shannon, Mark Swift
Actors include: Jared Padalecki, Danielle Panabaker, Travis Van Winkle
Genre: Horror
Length: 97 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA

Review:
Yeouch, I must admit I didn't have the highest of hopes here, but I'd thought that it would at least be somewhat true to the ideas laid out in the original series. My mistake obviously because this was hugely disappointing even with low expectations! This time Jason actually kidnaps someone and keeps them hostage...okay that would never ever happen considering Jason is supposed to be a lean mean slashing machine and nothing more. Other disappointments were the stereotypical characters who were really obnoxious and simply wouldn't die fast enough. Another big issue is the half hour intro that seems like an entirely different movie, just when I was happily thinking this mess was over it started up all over again. Casting a fake Matthew McConaughy was interesting but that is one of the only noteworthy things I can think of. Seriously bad, no wonder I don't go to the movies anymore...sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment