Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Guinea Pig 2: Flowers Of Flesh And Blood (1985) aka Za Ginipiggu 2: Chiniku No Hana

3 / 5
Tagline: N/A
Directed by: Hideshi Hino
Written by: Hideshi Hino
Actors include: Kirara Yugao
Genre: Horror
Length: 42 minutes
Banned: Australia
Country: Japan

Review:
It's pretty sad when the making of the film is more interesting than the actual film but there you go. Actually it depends on what kind of person you are as to your enjoyment of this film. All that happens is this guy with a Mickey Mouse type helmet kidnaps a woman off the street. He then sedates her with something that makes pleasure feel like pain (I believe) and he recites stupid poetry between slowly carving her up. The effects are in fact special and impressive, it's disturbing and gory and it does kind of look real in some ways. Thing is, there is literally nothing more...it's simply carving up this girl through amputation and grossness which yes I was lured in by I'll admit, but I actually thought it was rather boring except for in a "how did they do that" kind of way. I think folks who seriously just like guts and nothing more will eat this up, but I'm slightly less ghoulish or at least that's how I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment