Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Guinea Pig: The Making Of (1986) aka Meikingu Obu Za Ginipiggu

3 / 5
Tagline: N/A
Directed by: Jyunko Okamoto
Written by: N/A
Actors include: Shinksuke Araki, Eve, Hideshi Hino
Genre: Horror, Documentary
Length: 44 minutes
Banned: nope
Country: Japan

Review:
I can't say I really think this is a movie, but since it's marketed as one I suppose I'll go along with it. What it is, is actually a making of documentary about the film "Flowers Of Flesh And Blood. It's entertaining though, the film it's about was actually thought to be a snuff film by Charlie Sheen. The actual film it's about is simply the slow dismemberment of a girl really, it's bloody and that's it, but the effects are amazing. This goes into detail to prove how it's not real and show the advanced robotronics used in the film. I mean if you've seen the film this is an interesting venture but it's not exactly necessary either providing you are aware that it's not a snuff film in the first place. A nice bonus feature, but I still don't think it's a "film".

No comments:

Post a Comment