Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hellboy (2004)

2 / 5
Tagline: From the dark side to our side.
Directed by: Guillermo del Toro
Written by: Mike Mignola, Guillermo Del Toro
Actors include: John Hurt, Selma Blair, Ron Perlman
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Sci-Fi
Length: 132 minutes
Banned: nope
Country: USA

Review:
Sometimes I'll watch things for other people and this was one of those times. I had zero interest going in and it's fair to say I had zero interest after watching it. I'm going to seem daft here but I think this is somehow based around a video game or perhaps it's just the effects (which are not so special) which suggest this. The story is remotely interesting, Hellboy was summoned during World War II by the Nazi's. He later turns up as an adult and he's out on a mission to help people rather than hurt them. He also winds up in a love triangle...yeah a love story with a guy with a rubber mask from hell. It's pretty much exactly as it sounds and well it's definitely suited to young boys...which I am obviously not.

No comments:

Post a Comment