Tuesday, May 5, 2009

High Spirits (1988)

3 / 5
Tagline: He's an American. She's a ghost. Vacation romances are always a hassle
Directed by: Neil Jordan
Written by: Neil Jordan
Actors include: Peter O'Toole, Donal McCann, Mary Coughlan
Genre: Comedy, Horror
Length: 99 minutes
Banned: nope
Country: UK/USA

Review:
This is another one that I haven't seen since I was a kid, but I remember enjoying it...most of the time. It's similar to "Haunted Honeymoon" in that it's a haunted house style parody. This time an Irish Castle is turned into a hotel to make for a tourist attraction. Of course a busload of American tourists come stay there with some ghosts that they didn't count on. It's a horror comedy that sometimes was funny, but it did miss the mark a fair bit too I believe. This is another that I really need to see as an adult, perhaps it would be better...or worse?

No comments:

Post a Comment