Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hostel: Part II (2007)

3 / 5
Tagline: N/A
Directed by: Eli Roth
Written by: Eli Roth
Actors include: Lauren German, Bijou Phillips, Heather Matarazzo
Genre: Horror
Length: 93 minutes
Banned: Malaysia, Germany, New Zealand
Country: USA

Review:
I was actually really excited when I found out this was coming to theatres, I even sacrificed sleep to go see this. I'd heard that it was really gruesome and excessive and heck sometimes that's enough to sell me on something. Anyhow, I was rather disappointed when I actually watched it, it wasn't nearly as gruesome as expected, and the story was alright but far from exciting this time around. The tourists go stay in a Hostel (go fig), and end up on ebay style auctions for slaughter. If you've seen the first one, you can predict this one...the big difference is the lack of surprises this actually had to offer. Easy enough to sit through, just disappointing. Although the scene with Heather Matazza...whatever ("Welcome To The Dollhouse" chicky) is definitely worth watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment