Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The House On The Edge Of The Park (1980) aka La Casa sperduta nel parco

3 / 5
Tagline: N / A
Directed By: Ruggero Deodato
Written By: Gianfranco Clerici, Vincenzo Mannino
Actors Include: David Hess, Annie Belle, Christian Borromeo
Genre: Horror
Length: 91 minutes
Banned: Singapore, Canada, U.K., Norway
Country: Italy

Review:
Having already seen "Last House On The Left" I knew this film was supposed to be relatively similar. Okay fine, more like a rip off in some ways. I had awaited watching this for many years actually, so it was rather disappointing when I actually sat through it. The film itself wouldn't be so bad were it not insulting the audience's intelligence at every corner. The story absolutely could not/would not and doesn't make sense to have happened that way no matter what. I can't spoil the story because that is supposed to be the "trick" to the movie, but I will say it made me furious. Anyhow what actually happens. We see a Hess's character (they even got the villan from "Last House On The Left" lead villain David Hess to star in this one too) raping some young girl. Then we go off to the auto shop where he works with his semi-retarded (er simple if you are PC) friend. A rich looking couple comes in with a problem with their car, and they fix it in exchange for an invite to the party the couple are hosting. Here is another huge problem with the movie. This party the two attend has about seven guests, maybe more. Somehow they overpower everyone using one scalpel? I don't think so. Any how they bother and semi-rape the women (they seem to be into it), cut one up a bit and generally annoy the guests until the tables are turned. I truly wish I could ruin this movie because it was a stinky way to do things but instead I'll just offer my advice not to watch it. There are so many better rape/revenge films out there....and this one is actually quite dull no matter how many countries ban it. For shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment