Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Idle Hands (1999)

1.5 / 5
Tagline: The touching story of a boy and his right hand.
Directed by: Rodman Flender
Written by: Terri Hughes, Ron Milbauer
Actors include: Devon Sawa, Seth Green, Elden Henson
Genre: Horror, Comedy, Fantasy
Length: 92 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA

Review:
I had this recommended to me left right and center when it came out so I did actually buy it and then promptly gave it away after one viewing. Calling this a "horror" film is kinda wrong since it's one of the dumbest teen comedies I've seen in years. It's based around the old story "the Hand" or rather "The Hands Of Orlac" or one of the other million titles this idea has been released as. This time around Devon's hand has been possessed by evil and it's forcing him to kill. This story is full of dick and fart style humor, and it never even comes close to as hilarious as the actors clearly think they are being. I found this insultingly stupid and ridiculous, and I was shocked that someone would have thought I'd like this thing. I do have a sense of humor (or so at least I think) but this surely wasn't it, and since the film was pretty much 99 percent slapstick it wasn't for me...not even close.

No comments:

Post a Comment