Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Inferno (1980)

3.5 / 5 Mar '09
Tagline: Terror that's hotter than hell!
Directed by: Dario Argento
Written by: Dario Argento
Actors include: Irene Miracle, Leigh McCloskey, Daria Nicolodi
Genre: Horror, Thriller, Mystery
Length: 107 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: Italy

Review:
Athough visually appealing this is one confusing puppy of a film. It starts out promising enough with a young lady who buys a book that is a tale of 3 mothers. 3 women who run their cities pretty well and she suspects her apartment building is run by one of them. She gets her brother Mark to come down from Rome because she is afraid and he begins to investigate her murder. It's apparently semi-related to "Suspiria" only I like this far less. Yes this does have some things going for it, the surrealism and effects are quite something but I really can't enjoy a movie I don't understand at all. I mean this seemed like there was something to it, it is a mystery after all but it was so jumbled that even after I read what was going on I wasn't quite sure. I'm sure fans of ponderous horror will get more out of this than I did. Oh and the Keith Emmerson soundtrack that everyone goes on about I actually hated!

No comments:

Post a Comment