Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Kissed (1996)

4.5 / 5
Tagline: Love Knows No Bounds
Directed by: Lynne Stopkewich
Written by: Barbara Gowdy, Angus Fraser
Actors include: Molly Parker, Peter Outerbridge, Jay Brazeau
Genre: Drama
Length: 88 minutes
Banned: Singapore
Country: Canada

Review:
I actually dragged some friends to see this in the theatre and they hated me afterwards, but I loved this movie. I guess I should tell you what it's about before explaining myself, but it's about a young woman's obsession with death and her development into necrophilia! It's probably not what you are thinking though because although yes there are some shots of her riding corpses it's actually really artist, and depressing. Molly Parker is amazing as student Sandra Larson who happens to meet up with a young man who is smitten with her. She tells him about her obsession after a bit and things take a turn when he learns she could probably never really love him the way she loves dead people. I think this was powerful, sad and even extremely romantic despite the subject matter. One I'd recommend to anyone open to a serious artistic film about necrophilia.

No comments:

Post a Comment