Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Mummy (1999)

3 / 5
Tagline: The sands will rise. The heavens will part. The power will be unleashed
Directed by: Stephen Sommers
Written by: Stephen Sommers, Lloyd Fonvielle
Actors include: Brendan Fraser, Rachel Weisz, John Hannah
Genre: Action, Adventure, Horror
Length: 125 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA

Review:
If you want a big budget Hollywood production action film (that has a Mummy theme to it) then this is something you'll be interested. I found it to be a lot like a less interesting take on the Indiana Jones thing, because well the characters aren't nearly as fun. Also the fact that this runs over the 2 hour mark and for no other reason but romance and more action it's pretty darned hard to sit through I found. This story goes that they are at an archaeological dig where they bother the resting place of a Mummy. Well of course the Mummy isn't all that happy about being woken up and some action scenes happen. Definitely not my cup 'o tea even though the effects and things were quite well done, I'd prefer a more interesting story with more interesting characters myself. Then again there aren't any movies I've come across yet that are Mummy-centric that I've really liked, so maybe I'm a weirdo with a bias?

No comments:

Post a Comment