Monday, May 11, 2009

The Number 23 (2007)

1 / 5
Tagline: The Truth Will Find You.
Directed by: Joel Schumacher
Written by: Fernley Phillips
Actors include: Jim Carrey, Virginia Madsen, Logan Lerman
Genre: Thriller, Mystery
Length: 98 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA

Review:
File this under extremely disappointing! I really was intrigued to find out about the whole number 23 connection thing but it really doesn't have much to do in fact at all. It's about a man named Walter (Carrey) who gets a book on the number 23 from his wife. He becomes obsessed with the number and finding coincidences in his room number for example, or adding up numbers he sees and they always equal 23 etc. In other words, he's looking really hard because he's paranoid and finding "coincidences" that aren't eerie, just the result of someone who is crazy. I did feel like it was going to add up to something, but the twist with the whole thing just left me angry that I wasted my time. I found it incredibly boring and I hated sitting through it, but I swear I thought it would payoff. Oh well, some people think this is the cat's meow, but I find it to me more akin to the litter box.

No comments:

Post a Comment