Monday, May 11, 2009

Once Bitten (1985)

3 / 5
Tagline: Mark Kendall Just Found Out That His One-Night Stand Has Been Around For Centuries
Directed by: Howard Storm
Written by: Dimitri Villard, David Hines
Actors include: Lauren Hutton, Jim Carrey, Karen Kopins
Genre: Horror, Thriller
Length: 94 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA

Review:
Jim Carrey in a horror movie? No way...well yes it happened before he was super famous, but he was still a comedian. In fact, I'd say put this as a comedy first and it's only a little bit of horror really mixed in. The story is about a 400 year old Countess who needs virgin blood 3x before Halloween hits...and Halloween is only a week away! It's sort of a doofy '80s comedy about the likelihood of finding virgins in LA. It's pretty silly funny and I'm sure fans of comedies or horror fans will find something to chuckle about. It's just not hilarious or entirely effective as either. Still not a bad little flick, I guess I just haven't seen it since I was a kid so my memories are a little shady on this one, I do remember thinking it was alright though!

No comments:

Post a Comment