Monday, May 11, 2009

The Other (1972)

3 / 5
Tagline: Niles and Holland are close as twin brothers can be. Appearances can be deceiving...and deadly.
Directed by: Robert Mulligan
Written by: Tom Tryon
Actors include: Uta Hagen, Diana Muldaur, Chris Udvarnoky
Genre: Horror
Length: 108 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA

Review:
I had some seriously high hopes here and instead I was only treated with two cool deaths and a bunch of yammering. We meet twin boys who are close friends but one appears to be evil and the other sweet. We learn that the one is learning to harness his abilities (he can see as animals), and the other is more about causing grief. Then of course things aren't quite what they seem and I shouldn't tell you and I won't. I will say I saw it coming, it was disappointing and it definitely reminded me of something M. Night Shamalama what's his face would pull, and I don't care for it one bit. The worst thing is that the story is interesting but if it were shortened and they didn't beat us over the head with things it wouldn't be so obnoxious. At the end I think I complained for a good hour, but when I look back I can at least see some merit here. Definitely not a favorite of mine but it may still be worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment