Monday, May 11, 2009

Plan 9 From Outer Space (1959)

3 / 5
Tagline: Unspeakable horrors from outer space paralyze the living and resurrect the dead!
Directed by: Ed Wood Jr.
Written by: Ed Wood Jr.
Actors include: Gregory Walcott, Mona McKinnon, Duke Moore
Genre: Sci-Fi, Horror
Length: 79 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA

Review:
See I was talking to a co-worker about how I quite like bad movies, and well he'd mentioned that this was possibly the worst one ever so of course I had to find out. Well it's bad in a technical sense, the props are obviously homemade and ridiculous, heck one of the actors died in real life (Bela Lugosi) so they simply replaced him with someone else who appears mainly trying to block his face with his arm. I don't think I need to really go on about how technically bad this is since if you know about Ed Wood you should know exactly what to expect. The story itself is paper thin and barely coherent but again it's not one of "those" style of films where it matters. I think if you are watching it for a laughs, then you will find a few but other than that this really offers nothing to mention. I can't say it's the worst thing I've ever seen though, the props on the other hand...sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment